Destiny Seasonal Event
Crimson Days has returned to Destiny 2! It lasts for one week from Tuesday, February 12, 2019, until Tuesday, February 19, 2019.
Crimson Days event features a 2v2 Crucible playlist with a special modifier where your abilities recharge faster if you are near your partner. If you are too far away, the opponents can see where you are with a waypoint.
Crimson Days 2019 is here, and it brings back the Crimson Doubles mode in the Crucible. The event offers some new rewards this year, including a powerful new bow called The Vow that comes at 650 power. Some of the rewards return from last year, while others — like The Vow — are new. It’s worth mentioning that The Vow is the first and only bow available to all Destiny 2 players — even without the Forsaken DLC.
This year’s holiday is PvP-focused. The way to earn the currency — Confectionery Hearts— consistently is to win in the Crimson Doubles mode. But there are new bounties every day for PvE players as well.
Here are all the rewards for Crimson Days 2019, and the easiest ways to earn them.
You can purchase all of the Crimson Days rewards from Lord Shaxx in the Tower.
- Tirastrella ghost shell — 25 Confectionery Hearts
- Undeterred Exotic sparrow — 50 Confectionery Hearts
- The Vow Solar combat bow (650 power) — 100 Confectionery Hearts
- Dieselpunk Wardcliff Coil ornament — 125 Confectionery Hearts
- Flaunting Dance emote — 150 Confectionery Hearts
- Warmhearted Gift — 15 Confectionery Hearts
The Warmhearted Gift is a repeatable purchase. You should only spend your Confectionery Hearts on Warmhearted Gifts once you have everything else you want. These can drop Enhancement Cores, mod components, and other materials that’ll be helpful for any budding Guardian.
EARNING CONFECTIONERY HEARTS
There are a couple of ways to earn Confectionery Hearts. You can pick up bounties from Shaxx every day — he has a rotating inventory of four daily bounties. Each daily bounty rewards 15 Confectionery Hearts.
Shaxx will also sell you a weekly bounty to complete the Nightfall in a group of two. The best place to do it is the Will of the Thousands Nightfall. It won’t give you and your partner a hard time — at least not compared to some of the other Nightfalls. Load up with Whisper of the Worm, and take Xol down using … himself?
After you’ve completed your bounties, you can grind Confectionery Hearts while playing Crimson Doubles. A loss will net you five Confectionery Hearts, while a win will get you seven.
EARNING THE SUGARY SHELL
Shaxx has one final prize for players willing to complete everything. You can earn the Sugary Shell for your ghost by completing every Triumph in your collection related to Crimson Days.
You’ll need to complete nine triumphs for the shell.
- Earn all of Shaxx’s rewards
- Complete 22 Crimson Doubles matches
- Defeat 77 Guardians near their partner (Reunited buff active)
- Win 11 Crimson Doubles matches
- Defeat 77 Guardians away from their partner
- Defeat 77 Guardians after you’ve killed their partner
- Avenge your partner twice by earning Blood for Blood medals
- Complete 11 Crimson Days bounties
- Complete a Nightfall in a squad of two
The Sugary Shell is great. The Guiding Light perk increases all XP gains, which is useful for every player. It also has a unique look to it, which should comfort you as you delve into the belly of ancient dragons and evil Guardians and dark space gods.